Thursday, February 18, 2010

Marathon?????








Have I mentioned my husband ran a marathon? And I mean a FULL marathon, which is 26.2miles? He ran the Utah Valley marathon, it was in June last year. His motivation came from his grandpa Jenson, he ran the St. George marathon when he was 50 years old!!


He decided last April that he wanted to do it, I think he only trained for about 6 weeks (which is BONKERS), and did it, it took him 4 hours and 30 minutes (that's not exact). When he wants to do something, he works really hard to makes sure he does it.
He said it was a beautiful run, he went through Provo Canyon and ended up in Orem, the weather was nice and cool. I wasn't able to go to all the stops and see him throughout the race, it would have been to hard with the kids, but his grandma and grandpa Jenson and his mom and dad did. So the kids and I waited at the finish line, it seemed like forever before he came through, but when he did I was so excited for him and so proud. Afterward he said he would never do it again. He was extremely sore after, for probably a good couple of weeks, I swear. He had to walk backwards down the stairs for a while, it was hilarious.

Well..... guess who's running another marathon???



Yep, he is going to run the Salt Lake marathon in April. He decided to train longer this time, he started in December, he runs 4 days a week, he is using a training schedule, which helps him run farther gradually, Saturdays are his long run days, he ran 12 miles week before last. I can't even run 1 mile without taking breaks. I think it will be easier for him this time since he is training properly.

Sorry the pictures are in order backwards.




















3 comments:

  1. I ran 2.5 miles yesterday and I was pretty darn proud of myself. Good job, Booth!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so cool. I am actually going to run two 5k's this year so that is only like 3 miles, but I have been running since January, so we shall see how it all works out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. best of luck breeAnn, good for you, i am a LAZY butt. great job linds!!

    ReplyDelete